Wednesday 2 January 2008

Another Year, Another Planning Round

To sum up the time since my last post…
  • In February (on the Feast of Candlemas) I was accepted for training as a priest.
  • In September I began study part-time with the Southern Theological Education and Training Scheme, hoping to be ordained in 2010.
  • In October I was diagnosed dyslexic, and this seems to be linked with my inability to finish things I start.
  • Somewhere in all this, my L&B partner-in-crime Steve and I reverted to our original plan to model Barnstaple Town to Pilton Causeway.

We hope to capitalize on our renewed enthusiasm by building the boards: let’s see! In the meanwhile, a smaller project I’ve got in mind is constructing a 7mm scale model of Lynton & Barnstaple Coach 3. I’ll be following the approach described by Stephen Williams (Williams, S. (2000), The 4mm Coach Part Two – Working with Metal Kits, Didcot, Oxon, UK: Wild Swan Publications Ltd).

No comments: